Provide excellent customer service following proper delivery procedures and ensuring the safe, timely and accurate delivery of orders.
- Deliver a wide variety of items to different locations
- Follow routes and time schedule.
- Load, unload, prepare, inspect and operate a delivery vehicle.
- Spend majority of work hours seated.
- The ability to move up to 200 pounds on occasion during deliveries.
- Complete logs and reports.
- Follow DOT regulations and safety standards.
- Ability to operate forklifts, hand trucks, and pallet jacks in a variety of weather and traffic conditions.
- Interact with customers on a daily basis.
- Receive shipments, verify products on packing slips are there and sign corresponding paperwork upon receipt.
- Inspect contents of deliveries to ensure that the product is not damaged.
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements.
- Put product away into correct locations with the use of a barcode reader.
- Read and decipher packing slips, computer screens and barcode readers.
- Assist warehouse personnel when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and professional work environment.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Experience & Skills:
- Warehouse experience preferred.
- Valid drivers license and med card required.
- Ability to operate motor vehicle, forklift, barcode reader, currently used hardware and software