A manufacturer in Bristol, CT is seeking a shipping and receiving associate to join their team. This is a critical role in the organization and requires attention to detail while working at a fast pace!
This is a 1st shift position. 7:00am-3:30pm.
Estimated compensation: $17-$22 per hour DOE.
- Accurately prepare outgoing shipments according customer orders.
- Weigh, measure, and count items.
- Prepare and generate shipping labels.
- Assemble containers used for shipping.
- Follow proper packing and packaging procedures to ensure items are shipped safely.
- Utilize strapping machine.
- Generate purchase orders for additional outside shipments.
- Receive incoming shipments and verify accuracy.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Operate forklift, pallet jack, and other equipment.
- Maintain records of both incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Assist with other general warehouse functions as necessary.
- Previous shipping and receiving experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
- Forklift experience.
- Strong computer skills including previous shipping software experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to handle the physical aspects of the job including bending, twisting, reaching, and lifting up to 50 lbs frequently.
- Must be punctual and reliable.