Quality Engineer Job Description
Director of Quality
Primary Position Objectives
Assists in maintaining a high standard of quality activities to improve customer satisfaction
Description of Duties
- Requires direct experience working in a metal form/metal stamping industry.
- Works with Operations and Quality Groups in the PPAP/AS9102/Customer defined approval process.
- Communicates with customer and coordinates activities relating to product problems as needed.
- Works with estimating with new product quotations to provide quality time requirement estimates and equipment/gauging recommendations.
- Works with Operations and Quality Groups in Lean Manufacturing.
- Works in developing, coordinating, implementing, monitoring and evaluating quality activities to improve customer satisfaction.
- Monitors and improves the corrective and preventive action process.
- Perform statistical techniques as needed
- Observes Company processes and makes recommendations for improvement
- Participates in Lean Projects
- Maintains adherence to company policies, environmental and safety standards, and good housekeeping standards.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- Attendance is an essential function of the job
- Bachelor degree or higher from accredited college or university or demonstrated equivalent.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with aerospace, automotive, and medical quality standards, hands on inspection experience.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers and company personnel at all levels is essential
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of statistical techniques
- Knowledge of how to complete PPAP documents
- Blue print reading and knowledge of GD&T
- Visual ability (corrected) to read directions and prints and to inspect parts closely to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate inspection machinery for precision work.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent stooping and bending.
- Ability to lift objects from lower to a higher position or moving horizontally from
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs. unassisted