Quality Control Inspector
Temp to Hire
Pay: $20-$25/hr DOE
Hamilton Connections is currently seeking a Quality Control Inspector in Bristol, CT. The Quality Control Inspector is the initial point of contact for customers with product quality feedback and assists customers that require certifications and other quality-related documentation. The Quality Control Inspector must also work cross functionally with other departments to coordinate the corrective action process and ensure their timely resolution.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitor the Quality department’s mailbox for new complaints and other quality-related requests.
- Compile and respond to customers seeking certifications and other quality-related documentation.
- Initiate the customer feedback/complaint process and coordinate through to completion, including notification, confirmation, investigation, updating, and ultimately corrective action.
- Lead investigations as required into engineering history, manufacturing process, sample part procurement, assessment of suspect inventory, etc.
- Authorize the return of any parts from customers and create sales orders for their replacement.
- Report status of feedback/complaints at and maintain minutes for weekly quality department meetings.
- Track and drive the resolution of non-conformances received as a result of audits (internal, registrar, customer, and third party).
- Monitor the Calibration System to ensure all equipment used for acceptance of product is calibrated.
- Edit procedures as required by corrective actions and resolution of non-conformances.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with customers and coworkers both in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to interpret customer requirements that come in various forms, including blue prints and technical specifications.
- Excellent analytical skills including problem detection and root cause analysis.
- Excellent computer skills to navigate various company systems. Fluent with MS Office.
- Knowledge of process mapping.
- Ability to work independently with attention to detail.