Hamilton Connections is seeking press operators for a company in Torrington, CT. Candidates that have machine operator aptitude are encouraged to apply. This is a temp-to-hire position.
The hours are 4 p.m. to 2 a.m., Monday - Thursday. Overtime is available on Fridays. The pay is DOE.
Press Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Master running a high color (4-color process) web offset press from six to ten color units
- Master all physical functions of the press – roll unwinder, press units, UV dryers, inline bindery, roll rewinder
- Master all computer functions on the press – computer, vision, and ink systems
- Meet specific customer quality requirements and department standards
- Achieve and exceed estimated job make-ready and job run times (paper pounds and hours)
- Verify printed product by reviewing each printed roll produced
- Verify as first or second operator job or version start-up using a sign-off checklist
- Calculate (using a calculator) and prepare operator reports
- Use an English ruler (inches/fractions) to determine correct placement of bindery and print specifications
- Be able to follow detailed written work instructions consisting of numbers, codes, or symbols
- Be able to perform preventative maintenance on the press (consumables such as filters, fluids, oils, rollers, etc.)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.