Starting Pay: $21/hour
This position is responsible for machine setups and preventive maintenance of all production equipment, as well as provide continuous improvement to the preventive maintenance process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform setups on machines in a timely manner. Clean machines prior to setups and inspect the machines as a preventive maintenance measure.
- Perform preventive maintenance on machines when necessary.
- Perform minor electrical testing, such as, change fuses and fix broken wires.
- Respond to machine problems throughout the plant. Diagnose problems and perform minor repairs and adjustments as quickly as possible to avoid production delays.
- Read job recaps thoroughly and check jobs as to accuracy, reporting any error or discrepancy to the supervisor immediately
- Maintain production standards. Report any production, quality or safety problems to the supervisor immediately.
- Contact the parts department to obtain new parts and return old parts, filling out all appropriate logs to ensure maintenance of accurate parts inventory. Keep machine parts cabinet up-to-date.
- Assist in training new mechanics and setup operators.
- Move to other areas or perform other duties as directed by supervision.
- Comply with company rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Implement a commitment to quality philosophy and recommend methods and procedures to reduce cost and/or improve operating efficiency of the department.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company.
- Trade school plus 1-2 years experience in machine repair or equivalent.
- Ability to use basic hand and power tools, such as:
- Standard and metric wrenches and sockets
- Electric meters and testers
- Electric sander/grinder
- Machine shop tools
- Experienced with standard and advanced tools
- Computer literacy
- Run and adjust machines
- Ability to comprehend parts/operator manuals.
- Good Communication skills, verbal and written
- Required technical expertise that can:
- Read schematics and prints
- Effectively read, follow and comprehend technical manual