A prominent and respected industrial engineering and steel production manufacturing company in Wallingford, CT is seeking a material handler/packing associate. No experienced required!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm. Overtime may be possible.
Pay range starts at $18/hr, but a higher starting pay rate may be considered for experienced candidates.
- Sort processed materials and prepare for shipment.
- Utilize hoists to move finished products from pallets to line equipment.
- Operate shrink wrapping machine.
- Utilize powered industrial equipment such as forklift.
- Cross-train in other departments to learn other jobs in the facility.
- Practice safe workplace procedures.
- Other tasks as necessary.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace while following all safety guidelines.
- Recent forklift certification and/or ability to become certified. *Previous forklift experience not required.
- Excellent attendance.
- Team player.
- Basic math skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to handle physical aspects of the job including lifting up to 70 lbs.