A machine shop in Berlin, CT has a material position available. This is a 1st shift position with a standard schedule of 7:00a-2:30p totaling 35 hours per week with a possible increase to 40 hours depending on need.
$17.00 per hour to start.
- Manage scrap from production machinery including collecting, cleaning, and separating pieces.
- Categorize scrap by metal type.
- Shovel scrap pieces into separator to remove oil
- Stage clean scrap for in barrels for removal.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Recycle oil for reuse in production process.
- Clean work area and maintain safety at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous material handling experience a plus.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to handle physical aspects of the job including bending, twisting, reaching, and lifting up to 40 lbs occasionally.
- Must be reliable and punctual.