Day Shift: 6am - 6pm
Ensure the efficient movement of mail trays and mailbags. Keep aisles free of paper and other debris.
- Remove mail trays and mailbags from the table of the assigned machines and close trays securely. Moving from table to table, replace full trays with empty trays so as not to slow down production on the machines. Neatly stack full trays and bags on the large skids, making sure the stacks are even. Sort out any damaged mail trays and mailbags.
- Keep aisles and area under and around the machines free of paper and other debris. Collect and break up empty cardboard boxes. Take trash barrels off the floor and empty them in the designated area. Bring all debris to the designated trash areas, making sure the materials are separated correctly for recycling purposes.
- Maintain production standards. Report any production, quality or safety problems to the supervisor immediately.
- Keep the work area neat and clean.
- Comply with company rules and regulations and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Keep manager/supervisor informed of activities and situations that will impact the achievement of corporate or department goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the department and company, including strapping trays, feeding machines, performing bindery operator and/or sorter responsibilities.