The CNC Electrician/Installer will assist in assembling electrical panels and enclosures that comprise our CNC Retrofit Packages. The individual will utilize skills including, but not limited to, cutting, drilling, wiring, and installing various components on panels and electrical enclosures. Qualified individuals must demonstrate knowledge of reading electrical prints, panel building assembly, and control wiring of components such as power circuits, VFDs, PLCs, circuit breakers, transformers, relays, and contactors. The candidate will be expected to route and bundle wiring and cables neatly. The individual should be able to cut, strip, solder, label, and terminate various wire sizes. Once the CNC system fabrication work is complete and tested, the CNC Electrician/Installer will be responsible for breaking down and packaging the components for transport, with guidance from our Shipping Coordinator.
Jobsite (field installation) duties will include the removal of existing Electrical Cabinet and/or electrical components, as well as the installation and wiring of the CNC retrofit package. Activities will include tying in machine IO (e.g., limit switches, proximity switches, sensors), mounting servo motors and gearboxes, checking servo motor phasing and runout. Throughout the assembly and installation process, the CNC Electrician/Installer will be required to support the Project Engineer to troubleshoot and diagnose electrical quality issues.
Training will be included, installation of robotics and additive solutions may also be included.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Professionalism and self-motivation is a must
• Ability to work well in a team environment with the willingness to learn
• Must be safety-minded and follow company and customer’s safety guidelines
• Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
• Must be a good communicator, both written and verbal. Comfortable interacting with other company support staff and external customers, both on the phone and at external job sites
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job including standing for long periods of time, able to push/pull/twist/crouch down, able to climb a ladder, and lift 50+ lbs as needed, Large and fine motor skills.
• Valid driver's license required and ability to travel on a daily/weekly up to two weeks at a time.
• Must be able to pass background checks and drug tests as required for entrance to customer facilities
• Minimum three (2) years’ experience working with machine tools or panel building.
• Experience in troubleshooting, repair, and retrofit of machine tools and their control systems
• Skilled in panel wiring and electrical assembly
• Familiarity with troubleshooting/specifying/installing electrical machine tool hardware, including servos, motors, drives, etc.
• Fluent in electrical schematics and related machine diagrams
• Well-versed in machine tool/electrical safety practices
• Ladder logic troubleshooting a plus
• AutoCAD experience a plus
• Forklift and crane operation a plus