Hamilton Connections is looking for a CNC lead tech for a manufacturing company in Bethel, CT. This is a temp-to-hire position.
The hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday. The pay is $25-$35 an hour, depending on experience.
- CNC vertical mill center set up, operation and programming adjustment, of HAAS and FRYER CNC mills
- Conduct 1st off and regular QC inspections of machined parts to ensure adherence to specifications and quality standards
- Plan machining time by reviewing work orders, prints, engineering plans and material specifications
- Oversee/operate multiple machines
- Set-up and break-down of machining centers
- Complete preventive maintenance on equipment as scheduled and maintain fluid levels
- Performs regular inspection of tooling
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Notify supervisors if there are any problems with the machine
- Train and oversee machine operators
- Read and interpret prints, plans, sketches and shop drawings
- Work with engineers and management to achieve, to spec, quality parts
- Maintain a high level of production while maintaining quality
- Respond to quick turnaround orders
- Other duties as assigned
- Trade school graduate or equivalent
- 5 or more years of CNC programming and operating experience
- Knowledge of Mastercam
- Siemens experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of shop practices and skill in using shop tools and equipment
- Ability to use micrometer, calipers and other measuring tools
- Must be familiar with stainless steel
- Knowledge of other shop equipment, such as manual mills, saws, sanders, drills, etc.
- Perform well in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Able to handle physical aspects of the job, including lifting 50 lbs.