Hamilton Connections is looking for an assistant plant manager for a manufacturing company in Bethel, CT.
The assistant plant manager assists the plant manager in the running of plant operations and delivering superior customer satisfaction by driving results and exceeding expectations in the key areas of quality, cost and production safety. The position requires someone who leads with a hands-on approach and can handle a variety of duties.
The plant hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday- Friday. The salary range is $75,000-$90,000 a year, depending on experience.
- Responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing plant floor and execution of the production plan and shipping schedules based on availability of raw and finished goods
- Provide hands-on leadership as a working manager
- Maintain quality control of raw materials and production parts to set standards and specs
- Maintain accurate production record keeping and reporting
- Continually review operations activities, to maintain compliance with OSHA, DOL, etc.
- Drive safety improvements across the plant
- Monitor product cycle times and material yield
- Provide leadership to plant staff and effectively motivate, delegate and monitor their activities
- Assist with training and development of production team
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience required (CNC focused preferred)
- 3 or more years experience in a manufacturing department supervisory role
- Working knowledge of CAD (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience in quality control practices and implementation
- Working knowledge and inspection of cast metal and stamped metal parts
- Knowledge of Microsoft suite
- Knowledge of Sage100 or similar software
- Knowledge of Fedex/UPS/trucking software
- Ability to operate a hi-lo required
- Ability to maintain strong employee relations
- Experience managing safety performance and programs