A prominent and respected industrial engineering and steel production manufacturing company in Wallingford, CT is seeking machine operators for 2nd shift. No experience required!
Hours: Monday to Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm. Overtime may be possible.
Pay range starts at $18/hr, but a higher starting pay rate may be considered for experienced candidates.
- At the direction of the supervisor, operate cutting machines to saw metal products according order specifications.
- Inspect work to ensure quality and tolerances using measuring tools including tape measure.
- Utilize powered industrial equipment such as forklift to select raw materials for production.
- Cross-train in other departments to learn other jobs in the facility.
- Practice safe workplace procedures.
- Other tasks as necessary.
- Ability to use basic measurement tools including tape measure.
- Ability to follow written instructions.
- Recent forklift certification and/or ability to become certified. *Previous forklift experience not required.
- Excellent attendance.
- Team player.
- Basic math skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to handle physical aspects of the job including lifting up to 70 lbs.